Saturday, August 15, 2015

'Modern Family' star Ariel Winter explains breast reduction

Ariel Winter was taken by surprise when, at age 15, her breasts blossomed to a 32F cup size.
Now 17, the 5'1" "Modern Family" star says she "feels like a new person" since getting a breast reduction in June, going down to a size 34D.
"I got it for myself," she told Glamour magazine. "I can't even really put it into words about how amazing it feels to really feel right."
Winter said she suffered a great deal of pain before the surgery and couldn't even stand up straight.
"It started to hurt so bad that I couldn't take the pain," she said. "My neck was hurting so bad, and I actually had some problems with my spine. I had been discussing my chest with doctors for many years, but when I finally said, 'I'm thinking of doing this,' he said, 'Your back is going to thank you so much.' "
And of course there was the issue of all the attention she got for her cleavage, with some even questioning whether the teen's breasts were real.
The actress said she would often be the subject of weighted media coverage because at red carpet events, "I'd have to wear the dress that was super tight and form-fitted everywhere, because if I didn't, it didn't look good.
"Every article that has to do with me on a red carpet always had to do with 'Ariel Winter's Crazy Cleavage!' Or 'Ariel Winter Shows Huge Boobs At An Event!' " she told the publication. "That's all people would recognize me by, not, "Oh, she does great work on 'Modern Family.' "
Winter says she now feels happier than she ever has and wanted to share her story to help others.
"It's something that I did to better my life and better my health, and I think that that can benefit a lot of young girls," she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment